Thursday, March 1, 2012

The streak has been broken

I went three straight days working-out every night, but last night I didn't.

I had a Phi Lamb meeting, and by the time I got home it was 9, and I still had to study, so for the sake of school I didn't work-out.
Okay, so that is what I have been telling myself to make me feel better.

I know though that now the challenge will be to go and work-out tonight.
working out and getting healthy is not about going every single night, but actually going on a regular basis.

I know that sounds like the same thing, but they are not.

You have to keep going, and know that it is okay to miss a day every now and then. That it is about getting the workout in when you can and getting healthy, and not about making sure you do it every single night.


2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with being consistent and missing a couple days. Going everyday is strenuous and I feel like you should start off slow and if you go everyday eventually then you do. If not just consistently work out a few days a week. I work at a gym so I talk to personal trainers and they have said the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recently on a workout regime for a good 6 days straight (but not anything strenuous...just 15-20 minutes of whatever) - and I honestly felt awesome. But then one day, I had to go to a meeting so I couldn't work out at 6 like I usually would and by the time I got home I thought, 'well its almost 10.. I don't want to work out and then be wired all night, and I don't want to get abducted by some creep at the gym' so I didn't. The next day I wanted to work out, but made another excuse at to why I couldn't. The day after that, I barely even thought about working out, and now, today, I only thought of how I haven't worked out in a couple days because of this post. Its weird how that works. I also am notably very tired today and don't really have as much energy as I did when I was working out. interesting. Also, if you can't tell...my thoughts are completely jumbled like I have had 6 cups of coffee today. I'm not focused at all. Its weird how you don't notice these things until you saw a difference.

    ReplyDelete