Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Calories Vs. Fat

Many people want to know whether they should watch their fat grams or their calories, when it comes to eating. The answer is technically both, but the one you should really pay attention to is CALORIES.

The reason is that even-though something is "fat free" it is usually not calorie free, and with that comes over eating on "healthy" food.

Many people think that fat free equals good for you. Well not really if something is not naturally fat free, and its made to be that way, generally means that it has been over processed to become "healthier".

I personally watch my calories, and do not even really pay attention to my fat grams. This is because generally when something is low in calories than it tends to be low in fat, or if it is higher in it than it is good fats.

In short watch you calories over your fat grams, and remember that just because something is fat free doesn't mean that it is healthy.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent advice. I've recently been using myfitnesspal.com and it counts calories. I LOVE IT! I just need to keep with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Watch calories over your fat grams" thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good tip! I had never heard that before. Thanks

    ReplyDelete