Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lifestyle choice vs. Diet

Many people wonder what diet I went on to get the weight off. The truth is that I did not diet at all..... I know shocker right? It is the truth though. I honestly started making healthier food choices. I eat smarter. That's why I say I made a lifestyle choice, instead of going on a diet.

Here is the difference. On a diet you are only only able to eat certain things, and have restrictions on certain foods. I on the other hand try to eat in a range of calories and eat low carb, but guess what I don't always stick to that. Sometimes I go out to eat, but i just make smarter choices when I eat out. Also when I do have carbs they are whole grains, and other slow burning carbs.

Just by making these simple changes and others I have lost 85 pounds now! Oh, and I also exercise when I have time. If you are wanting to lose weight don't diet, because diets are short term, but lifestyle choices will stick with you!



6 comments:

  1. I like how you point out that diets are a short term fix, one that is merely a band-aid when it comes to fixing a problem. It is better to make smarter "lifestyle" choices because they do stick around longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. This avoids the classic "yo-yo dieting" and will last with you forever. I also like that you try to stay active/exercise but don't go crazy on it because often people "yo-yo exercise" too. Moderation and awareness is key. Good Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it amazing that you have lost weight the healthy way. Not just a diet but a long term choice. Very awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to see that you did this the healthy, smart, safe way!! So many people go on crazy 'placenta' diets or ones that make your hair fall out, and it's just not healthy nor good for anyone. Is there any type of specific food that you stray away from all together? For instance, red meat, sweets, dairy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I am all about quantity and quality. I try not to have a lot of carbs, but when I do have them I eat whole grains. I do have sweets but I look for healthy stuff. They are expensive but i Love the Jamba juice bars. They are so good and only 70-80 calories. Also I will have a cookie or a piece of cake every now and then, but it is all about portion control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well put! I think anyone who reads this will be encouraged by realizing that it's about lifestyle! I have heard some crazy diets, and you're right, they end up being short term!

    I've never heard of Jamba juice bars, I'll have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete