Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's all in the hook....

When it comes to writing a blog post there is more to it than just slapping some words on a page. It's an art form. There are some things one has to be aware of when writing a blog post.


  • First: Have a good title..... If your title is interesting people will want to keep reading.

  • Second: HAVE A GOOD HOOK!! If you don't have something that keeps the reader engaged in your post than they will stop reading.....come on we all have done it.

  • Third: Know your subject. I have a saying "don't preach what you can't teach".... Meaning post about the things you love, like, and are interested in.
You can find these and other tips here

I hope you have learned something, because I have, and I will try and keep my titles interesting, hooks engaging, and talk about what I know.

3 comments:

  1. Like the headline, it's all in the hook

    I'll steal that phrase

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said and nice job on the link! Also, I'm a huge fan of bullets, it cleans up the page a whole bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your headline "It's all in the hook". It really did grab my attention!

    ReplyDelete